thcamper
Welcome to Toad Hall
Home of the WxToad
mrtoad

Musings of the WxToad

Trust me - The WxToad does NOT lean to the left!

October 2013

mrtoad balance
 

24 Oct 13: Here's a quote from Todd Starnes of FOX News: "Soldiers attending a pre-deployment briefing at Fort Hood say they were told that evangelical Christians and members of the Tea Party were a threat to the nation and that any soldier donating to those groups would be subjected to punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice."

This comes only two weeks after soldiers at Camp Shelby in Mississippi were briefed that the Amercian Family Association is considered a terrorist group because it promotes tradition family values.

The Air Force Academy is considering dropping the phrase “so help me God’ from its honor oath after the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) filed a complaint.

Just as Christians are under attack around the world, they are here in the USA as well.

-------

18 Oct 13: I love the logic of the idiots in DC. All during the GOP's rather ludicrous attempt to kill off Obamacare, the Dems kept saying "It's the law. It can't be changed." Meanwhile, at the same time during the recent shutdown, Dems were pushing to change the law that brought us sequestration. So how is it that some laws can be changed, but others cannot? I guess it all depends whether you're in favor of or opposed to whatever law is under discussion.

-------

16 Oct 13: More stupidity inside the Beltway: have you tried going to a government web site since the shutdown began? In most cases, you are re-driected to a page with a notice that the web site is down because of the shutdown.  But think about it - if the servers are returning that message, then they are on and operating, and probably with the same techies baby-sitting them. What are they saving?

-------

15 Oct 13: What logic the idiots in Washington have: shortly after the shutdown began, Congress agreed that employees furloughed would receive back pay when the shutdown ends. So we tell them to stay home from work, and yet we'll pay them. Why not have them stay on the job and earn that pay? And to add to that, a lot of them are now collecting unemployment benefits, so they'll end up with extra money! I refuse to believe that the government has enough back-bone to make them pay back the unemployment payments. Any employee who does not immediately pay back voluntarily their unemployment money should be fired at once.

-------

10 Oct 13: I heard this morning that only about 18% of the federal government is shut down. Here's a quick solution: shut down the other 82%. For example, totally shut down the FAA, including air traffic controllers, which would ground all commercial air traffic. The outrage that would ensue would force Congress and the Dear One to solve the impass within hours.

-------

9 Oct 13: As a retired member of the Armed Forces of the United States, I can't begin to express how disgusted I am with our so-called Commander-in-Chief. He has shown his true anti-military feelings by his actions during this government shutdown. At least 50 military Catholic chaplains, many of whom are contract employees, have been furloughed. Commissaries on military installations have been closed; these are where military families get their groceries. Death benefit payments to families of military members killed while on duty have been suspended. The Veterans Administration says it will soon have to stop making VA disability payments.The World War II and Vietnam memorials have been closed to the public, even though they are open spaces. I wouldn't be surprised to learn there were more park police assigned to those spots now to keep people out than are normally assigned there when they're open. Ah, but somehow he managed to find the money so that the big Air Force - Navy football game could be played last weekend. Football is obviously more important than our service members and veterans.

-------

6 Oct 13: Now here's something that points out the priorities of our Dear Leader: there were more guards posted to keep World War II veterans from visiting the WWII memorial than there were protecting Ambassador Stephens in Libya last year.

-------

Other Musings

Jul 09   Aug 09   Sep 09   Oct 09   Nov 09   Dec 09   Jan 10   Feb 10   Mar 10   Apr 10   May 10 

Jun 10   Jul 10   Aug 10  Sep 10   Oct 10   Nov 10   Dec 10   Jan 11  Feb 11   Mar 11   Apr 11

May 11   Jun 11   Jul 11   Aug 11  Nov 11   Dec 11   Jan 12   Feb 12   Mar 12   Apr 12   May 12

Jun 12   Sep 12   Oct 12   Nov 12   Dec 12   Jan 13   Feb 13   Mar 13   Apr 13   May 13   Jun 13  

Jul 13   Aug 13   Oct 13   Nov 13   Dec 13   Jan 14  Feb 14   Mar 14   Apr 14   May 14   Jun 14   Jul 14  

Aug 14   Sep 14  Oct 14   Nov 14   Dec 14   Apr 15