Maine Narrow Gauge Museum
Although Portland was never home to a two-foot railroad, it now has the most extensive collection of Maine narrow gauge equipment. Most of it came from the Edaville RR in 1993, and consists of rolling stock that once belonged to the various Maine two-footers.
By the 1920's, automobiles were making their mark. In an effort to reduce operating costs, the SR&RL put together this railbus in 1925. On the left is a 1925 Model T rail inspection car, also from the SR&RL.
This is undoubtedly the snazziest two-foot car ever built, #9, parlor car "Rangeley". It was built be Jackson and Sharp in 1901.
B&H #15, built by Laconia in 1882.
MNGRR #1 looks like a quarter of a 44-tonner.
The museum offers a half-mile ride along the shore of Casco Bay. The line is the former Grand Trunk, with one rail re-gauged from standard to two-foot gauge. The standard-sized rail is just a bit over-sized for such small rolling stock.
The now-narrow gauge track ends at the old Grand Trunk swing bridge. Off in the distance on the left is the Burnham & Morrell plant, home of B&M Baked Beans.
The museum owns a lot of original two-foot equipment. Most came from Edaville in 1993.
Here's a couple of dinky little engines, #'s 16 and 14.
SR&RL coach #20.
Here's an open excursion car from Edaville. Like the one on the WW&F, this one is relying on volunteers for a major overhaul to make it operable again.
B&H #2 - a narrow-gauge wedge plow.
Another little Plymouth gas locomotive.
Interior of B&H coach #16.